Your Comfort is Our Guarantee
Miller Waldrop Mattress 1st is committed to finding you the best night's sleep possible! We believe that a better night's sleep is important and for that reason we offer a 90 DAY COMFORT GUARANTEE. Our guarantee includes a minimum of a 30 day and up to a 90 day in-home trial from the date of delivery.
If you are not completely satisfied, we will offer a one-time reselection of your mattress set for another mattress model of equal or greater value. Mattress sets are not returnable if they have any damage of any type, including removal of manufacturers tag, fluid stains (of any type), and was not used with the approved BedGearTM 5.0 Dri-Tec mattress protector.
What to expect of your NEW MATTRESS from Miller Waldrop's Mattress 1st
Why are today's mattresses so thick?
Research has shown that proper comfort and support are critical to a good night sleep. New technology and generous amounts of upholstery are specifically designed to gently support your body while reducing tossing and turning.
My new set is much higher than my old one. What Can I Do?
While this is expected, it certainly can be surprising. However, there are easy remedies to solve this. The first rule is... "Change the height, not the mattress!" While you sleep, you don't care how high your mattress looks. The most important thing is a good night sleep. Ask your bedding expert about the following options. They would be happy to help.
- Low-Profile Box spring / Foundation - a matching box spring / foundation of equal quality but less height.
- Low-Profile Frame - a strong metal bed frame of equal quality but less the height.
My new mattress seems to be "sagging" where I sleep! Should I return it?
These slight "body impressions" are absolutely normal and expected. Your new mattress will conform to your body like a new pair of shoes conforms to your feet. In fact, you should be more concerned if your mattress does not show slight body impressions!
Thicker, plusher mattresses will show more pronounced body impressions than firmer mattresses. Body impressions should only concern you if they exceed 1 1/2 inches on innerspring mattresses and 3/4 inches on memory foam mattresses. This is very rare, and your warranty protects you from this type of defect.
Why is it taking so long to get used to my new mattress?
Most people go through an "adjustment period" with their new mattress. This is completely normal and to be expected. It is likely that your old mattress lost its support capabilities and your body got used to conforming to a non-supportive posture while sleeping. Just like new shoes can cause discomfort at first, your body needs to adjust to the "corrective action" of the new support system.
This adjustment period may last a few days or up to a month depending on the individual. 99% of the time, your initial discomfort will subside and you will be sleeping wonderfully in no time at all.
Is it true that I don't have to flip or rotate my mattress?
Yes, this is true. While most mattress manufacturers do not require that you rotate your mattress, they do strongly encourage you to do so. However remember that your mattress is going to conform to your body and by rotating you could experience a re-adjustment period.
Rotating your mattress will help you get the most from your investment much like rotating tires on your car. It is generally suggested that you rotate your mattress four times a year, when the seasons change. Please refer to your warranty card for helpful mattress care instructions.
Why does my new mattress have a strange smell?
Mattresses today use polyurethane foam as a primary cushioning material and because the mattress sets are heat-sealed in an air-tight plastic bag the odors will remain for a few weeks after delivery.
What kind of support do I need for my new mattress?
Be sure that you have an appropriate frame and center support on queen and king size sets to ensure validation of your warranty. Queen and King size sets must have center support legs.
What could VOID my manufacturer's warranty?
Simple caution and care will protect your investment. The following situations will VOID your manufacturer's warranty:
- Not having the correct support for your mattress set, with proper bed frame or headboard, footboard and rails with center supports.
- Never remove the "Law Label" attached to the product. The Law Label is required when servicing the warranty.
- Always protect your mattress and foundation from soiling and stains. The manufacturer will not service or replace any item deemed unsanitary. The law prohibits the handling of used bedding that is soiled or stained, thus creating a potential health hazard.
- Mattresses and foundations that have no "Law Label" or are deemed "unsanitary" (soiled or stained) are not serviceable under warranty and therefore not returnable regardless of any defect found. It is the consumer's responsibility to protect their mattress and box spring / foundation from soils/stains and or abuse of any kind.
- 90 Day Comfort Guarantee follows a minimum 30 days and up to 90 days in-home trial period from the date of delivery. There is a restocking fee of 20%, plus any delivery charge for any adjustment made to the original purchase. The 90 day Comfort Guarantee does not apply to any bed that is dirty, stained or abused in any way.
- Special Order items, including California King, XLtwin and XLfull are subject to a 40% Restocking Fee for Comfort Guarantee.
- Adjustable foundations, pillows, and sheets are non-refundable.
- Customers must purchase specified BedGearTM 5.0 Dri-Tec mattress protector (non-refundable) at time of original mattress sale to qualify for the Comfort Guarantee. The protector must be used on the new mattress for the duration of the 90 days.
- Don’t remove law tags from your mattress set. If you do remove the law tags for any reason, please keep in a safe place. You will be required to provide law tags should a warranty issue arise.
- Specific mattresses may require an exchange handling fee which is subject to change.
- If, after 30 days and before the 90 day trial period is up, you feel that your selection is not correct, you may contact our Customer Service Department at (575) 392-6055 in Hobbs and (575) 378-1088 in Ruidoso Downs. For a required $20 fee, we will arrange for a MANDATORY inspection and evaluation of the claim. If approved, the one-time reselection must happen within 7 days of the inspection.